mercoledì 28 settembre 2011

Hi everyone!
I love these last days of summer :) it is so hot here in Italy, just like in july...

Recently I had some very good collaborations with a local graphic design studio from Majano (Udine): Studio3Labels. This is the restyling of a logo for "Les Vilanes" – in friulian (a local language used only in our region Friuli Venezia Giulia)  it means 'Village women'. It is a cultural association that offers space for different kind of cultural activities for the whole family, focusing on local traditions.

This original drawing created by a local artist was used as a logotype. Pencil drawing on paper.
The restyling of the logo. First I started with the design of the logotype. Then on the basics of the original hand-drawn figure I created a grid and tried to combine the logotype 'Les Vilanes' with the drawing. I decided to redraw the woman in a simple and geometric way, using just the upper part of the body.

The new finished version of the logo.


Les Vilanes – a Cjase di Catine
logo design / restyling
graphic design Katalin Daka © Studio3Labels

2 commenti:

  1. This is brilliant - really like the way you've translated the drawing into a clean geometric logo. That's something I like to do a lot myself too

    RispondiElimina